Maidstone is a great location for a night out, and with plenty of bars, pubs and live music venues to offer you're sure of something to suit your tastes. From traditional pubs serving guest ales to the more lively and modern surroundings of a late night club, it's definitely a contender for your next weekend away. In between the steak and ale pies and cover bands there is also a lot to offer in the way of things to do. With Leeds castle nearby, Gallagher stadium and some stunning architecture and history to keep you intrigued and entertained Maidstone, Kent is a great alternative weekend away. Take a tour on the river, Go Ape at Leeds Castle or take a hot air balloon from Laddingford!
For live music, Maidstone is a must. From Blues to Soul and Orchestral performances to cover bands, open mic nights and Jazz. There are many more venues that didn't make the list (as voted for by TripAdvisor users), such as The Exchange at Hazlitt Arts Centre which showcases everything from tribute acts to comedy performances.
If real ale is your thing, a good percentage of our top 20 feature guest ales from local and international brewers that are always a hit with their visitors.
We've compiled a list of the most popular haunts for live music, home-cooked food and great atmosphere to ensure you've got a comprehensive checklist for your stag or hen party or at very least, an idea which place to head for if you're ever in Maidstone.
1. Ye Olde Thirsty Pig [Bar, Pub, Real Ales, Rock Music]
"one of the few remaining proper pubs"
2. Bar 6 [Bar, Cocktails]
“Fun fun fun”
3. The Brenchley [Quiet, Friendly pub/bar serving Food]
“Great beer garden”
4. Mumu Lounge Bar [Restaurant/Bar]
“Amazing Atmosphere and Aesthetics”
5. The Flower Pot [Bar, Pub, Real Ales]
“What a wonderful, wonderful pub.”
6. Strawberry Moons [Bar, Club, Cocktails, DJ]
" what a great night ”
7. The First and Last [Coutry Pub, Locals]
“Perfect - But don't tell anybody.”
8. Earls [Bar,Club, Live Music]
“Great live music”
9. Chilton Hundreds [Pub, Pub Food]
10. The Druids Arms [Bar, Pub, Live Music]
“Excellent venue for live music”
11. The Style & Winch [Pub, Beer Garden]
“Great for a private party”
12. The Bell Inn (Bearsted) [Bar, Pub, Food]
13. The White Horse (Bearsted) [Cosy pub, open fire]
14. Lashings Sports Bar [Bar, Tv Sports]
“Great night had here”
15. The Society Rooms [Pub, Real Ales]
“Good value food and drinks”
16. Malta Inn Bar [Riverside Bar, Pub, Pub Food]
17. The Lion of Kent Pub (Bearsted) [Pub, Snacks]
“Great carvery and lunch time menu”
18. The Rafters Maidstone [Bar, Pub, Live Music]
“a really good live music venue"
19. The White Horse [Traditional Pub]
“Nice friendly pub, great atmosphere.”
20. The Pilot [Bar, Function Rooms, Food]